Fall Sports Update
Message from Bob Johnson from the VPA.
Individual Fall sports committees are currently meeting and are looking at modifications that may need to be made to the Fall sports season.
Once each committee is done, sports guides will be updated immediately.
We have been told that we can release some specifics about what will be said and what will be in the document. Listed below is what we know.
Bob J. (VPA)
- facial coverings will be required by all participants in all sports with the exception of cross-country running.
- we will start the year in Step 2 and once we move to Step 3, competitions can begin.
- schools may play games against Vermont schools or teams from quarantine free travel based on the most recent map
published by the Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- spectator size is currently 150 per event.
- the school guidance document will apply to middle schools as well as high schools
- Jamborees will not be allowed
Governor Scott states that sports will not look like they normally do. When I get more information I will provide that information. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.