Dear Barre UUSD Families,
Please see below for today’s update on how we are responding to the essential components of the Governor’s Order for school closure:
- Student Meals delivery is going well. We will continue to make adjustments to our delivery process as necessary. Please see today’s Times-Argus article: https://www.timesargus.com/news/covid19/shuttered-schools-still-preparing-meals/article_b0e20723-76bc-59cd-8218-3c05633beff1.html
- Our Child Care for Essential Persons will be up and running on March 20, and certainly we will make adjustments to that as we move forward as well. Here is the message that went out earlier:
- Barre Unified Union School District is providing child care for children Kindergarten to 8th grade and for those children who are currently enrolled in our school district's school-based preschool programs. Attendance eligibility is limited to those children whose parents/guardians are part of the essential workforce under Agency of Education guidance (https://education.vermont.gov/sites/aoe/files/documents/edu-covid19-supplemental-guidance-child-care-essential-persons.pdf)
- Starting March 20, the child care site will be located at Barre City Elementary & Middle School, 50 Parkside Terrace, Barre, VT, 06541. Operating hours will be 7:30 AM to 4 PM.
- For your children 0-5 years old and not currently enrolled in our public prekindergarten programs, the state has set up a system to identify providers who can care for children aged 0-5. Essential workers who need help with this should visit https://webportalapp.com/webform/essentialworkers or call 2-1-1 ext. 6.
- Parents/Guardians should use this form to enroll their children for our child care. If you are not able to complete this in advance, it can be completed at the site: https://forms.gle/dew2iJb1AcjeXas17
- Our school staff continue to plan for remote learning. Please understand that “remote learning” is not necessarily “online learning”. In some cases it is internet-based, but in many cases, particularly for younger children, it is not. For remote learning that is internet-based, I am again including the link from Charter for free Spectrum Broadband: https://corporate.charter.com/newsroom/charter-to-offer-free-access-to-spectrum-broadband-and-wifi-for-60-days-for-new-K12-and-college-student-households-and-more
- For families of children on IEPs (Individual Education Plans), please see the letter from our Special Education Administrators at: https://www.buusd.org/district/bsu-news/story/~board/district-homepage-news/post/update-from-special-services
You can find comprehensive information on our web page at https://www.buusd.org/covid-19
Superintendent of Schools
Barre Unified Union School District
120 Ayers Street
Barre, VT 05641